Today was Christmas, Part II. Sweetie and I got to spend some time with his siblings and their kids. I discovered some limitations of my beloved 85--great indoors, except you have to stand on the
other side of the room if you don't want to see every minute little detail of your subject's face (oh, and maybe see them AND their gift in the same shot!). The 1.8 was stellar indoors (although I did use 1600 so I could keep the shutter speed up) and the speed was great with the munchkins doin' their thing. I considered putting the 50mm on--I know it would have been a better choice for the setting, and also goes to 1.8 so woulda handled the light the same way. But I just couldn't betray my 85 like that. Remember my love of the 85 and the war with the 50 (maybe henceforth to be known as the
50mm War?)--it was Christmas, Part II, and I just wasn't up for the battle today.
After the flying wrapping paper, the kids played on the Wii. Not just the munchkins, but sweetie and his bro....both adults, but still kids at heart. Got some great shots of them and some great facial expressions! Here is one of the first shots I took today, of lil S's WebKins. SOOC except for crop.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/125, f/2.0, 1600 ISO.
3 comments:
cute shot! i too have the 50mmWar--i definitely don't love that lens but am forced, every so often, to use it. your webkinz is cute-i think my dd has the same one...lol!
Cute webkins! I'm one of the seemingly few who loves my 50!
Oh, how my both my S's <3 their 'kinz!
Post a Comment