I need to set the stage for this photo and the aftermath of my shoot.
I graduated with a Master's degree nearly two years ago. There was a bottle of wine left over that's been in my fridge since. (Hmm, I'm thinking it's not gonna be so yummy anymore.) So I had the brilliant idea to use it as a prop (see original idea in #24 of 26 Things below.) The shots came out wonderfully. I was using a piece of white foambaord as background/reflector to help with lighting and to cover the well-documented soap dispenser and electrical switches in my kitchen (of course the best lighting in the house has to have a less-than-wonderful background to it!) Things are going great. Until the foamboard falls, taking glass of RED wine with it.
I didn't know what to do--dive and catch, back up & save camera....ah! It fell. Glass is fine. Camera is fine. Foamboard has another [clean] side to it. It washed out of the rug.
But I didn't realize wine could travel so far! (We're talking halfway across the kitchen!)
Sweetie comes in from the other room to see why I shrieked, is standing behind me [knowing better than to get in my way] saying [outloud] "I know I should do something to help you, but my brain can't think of what." I laughed. 'Cause at that point, what else could I do??? :)

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/100, f/2.8, 800ISO. Photoshop: Curves
21 comments:
Oh funny story... Great picture though
Amazing what we're willing to suffer for (and forgive) for a good photo, isn't it? Love your hubby's response.
That made me laugh out loud! great story.
Oh bummer! You did get a good shot though!
That is so funny, but I'm happy to hear there was no permanent damage! Great shot for all of your efforts!
Some of the things we go through to get the shot! And you got a very fine one!
I am lovin' your hubbies reaction!
ROFL! I'm glad it came out of the rug though- red wine usually stains! :O
Yikes! All in the name of a good photo. :)
Hehehe...at least you got a picture before the unfortunate accident.
Well, the photo is lovely. I don't envy you the mess though. I can't tell you how many glasses of red wine i have knocked over.
Funny story and great picture!
what a funny story! Glad you weren't in the splash zone.
Beautiful picture!!!
awesome..i like the shadow on the table!
What a story! Good thing you got a great shot out of it LOL!
thank goodness the camera is fiNE!
tara
LOL! Funny story!
Love the photo you got before your little mishap ;) Funny story!
LOL! love the story behind the shot.
Nice capture. Though I probably would have taken an after just b/c I already had the camera in my hand. ;)
Post a Comment