Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Love the lilies

I fell in love with lilies about a decade ago. I have an entire "island" in the middle of my backyard planted with all different colors of Asiatic lilies (daylilies are too short-lived for me). Here's one of them (the whole island is starting to bloom and I LOVE it!):
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/100, f/2.5, 400ISO.

This is one I did some editing on to make it a little more dramatic. (CC welcome). I've also included the original, which I like for its softness. (Click the thumbnail to see larger pic).


16 comments:

pat said...

Gorgeous lily! I love the Asiatics, too. Their fragrance is sooo wonderful in the early evening.

Anita said...

Beautiful lilies!!

Tricia said...

Beautiful, I love lillies too.

For Over 29 Years... said...

very pretty. so glad you get to enjoy them in your yard.

Sharon said...

Very pretty!

♥ Amy said...

Very pretty color and your composition is great. As for the pic of Quackers (on my blog), you're welcome to it, but I have a small hunch that you already have enough photos to fill all your wall space. ;)

Chell said...

Oh very pretty. Can't wait to see the other colors you have!!

Sara said...

Like your color. Lilies aren't my fave- they make me sneeze- so this one is perfect for me :)

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful!

C said...

Love them both :) Beautiful lily shot and color too. And how lucky you are to have this blooming all around you!

Michelle said...

you did a great job on the processing. really brought out the intense colors.

Anonymous said...

I just love the saturated colors of your lily!

Jess said...

OMG, these are GORGEOUS! I love lillies too. I have some daylillies in my garden and they pretty much have blooms on them all summer long. I guess I am lucky. ;)

My grandma has the most amazing Asiatic lillies in her garden, I really need to get over there and see them. I love how the smell, they rank right up there with lilacs for me! :)

Becky said...

I love the colors--in both of them. I can play with flower photos all day. There are just so many color possibilities that work, aren't there?

Bobbi said...

Lillies are so beautiful, I just love this color.

Kristina said...

So pretty! I love flower photos.