Thursday, August 7, 2008

The adventure continues....

[started last night...]

We didn't make it to the Chocolate Buffet last night....apparently we were still pretty pooped from the wedding and our all-night packing and slept much of the evening after dinner. But we did get up bright and early today as a result. We headed to Eleanor's for breakfast. I had Carribbean French Toast (they serve it with a caramelized banana and chocolate sauce instead of syrup) and it was GOOOOD!



We came back to the room to get my Rebel and tripod and a bubba keg (big insulated mug) of water. (We also slathered up with Coppertone, but apparently, I need 400 instead of 30...I'm a lil lobber on my shoulders!)

We again walked the beach, even off-property, this time a bit further than last. Chris calls this "forbidden beach" since you have to give your room number to the guard when you leave and reenter property (which is nice, they're keeping track in case something happens). It was sunnier today than it's been so far and I got some amazing shots. It was fun with the tripod and timer (didn't even think to grab the remote out of my bag).


One of the few shady spots on Forbidden Beach; we had to walk through the water to get over to this point, and it was lovely to just sit in the shade and watch the waves.


The clouds were stunning....and not storm clouds....just regular white fluffy clouds with shadows.


Looking back up towards the resort.

[...finished this morning!]
There was no rain yesterday, but some eerie clouds. We got to hang out at the pool for the daily Croc gathering (people on the messageboard for this resort nicknamed themselves Crocs because this area used to be inhabited by crocodiles). Chris got to try a Dirty Girl Scout (apparently it's almost all alcohol and was a bit...potent!).


mmmmm, Dirty Girl Scout

We had a very fun evening shopping (they have local artisan vendors on site once a week) and hanging out at the bar. We met a few other Crocs and were entertained by the bartenders (Lynval, especially). This afternoon, we'll be on a Concierge Cruise and will be attending the Pirates of the Carribean Dinner on the beach.


Look at the palm trees blowing in the approaching storm. The steps lead to the bar at the Main Pool.


Our room, as seen from the elevator/stair "tower." You can see the jacuzzi I mentioned the other day.


A towel rolled into a heart shape with fresh tropical flowers welcomed us in the afternoon. The card is from the general manager, Jeremy Jones, wishing us well and offering breakfast in bed. ;)


Lawn chess.

1 comment:

sec510 said...

The pics are just beautiful!! I am so looking foward to seeing the album when you get home!

BTW...I can't believe there's actually a drink called a Dirty Girl Scout...lol. I would assume there's some "chocolate mint" flavoring???