My neighbor's cat, Lynx, loves my yard. He's over all the time. I'm not a cat-lover by any stretch, but in the few years we've lived here, I've taken a liking to Lynxie. He's never tame enough to let us even close, let alone allow us to pet him. But today, he seemed to want to cooperate. I saw him sitting in the side yard, near where a chipmunk hole used to be. He was hunkered down, so I assumed he was waiting for the little thing to come out and play. So I grabbed the camera and started taking some shots. Lynxie looked sleepy and just let me play. I got within 4-5 feet of him and figured I didn't want to push my luck and let him nap.
I also had use of a 70-200 L lens today. OH. MY. GOODNESS. First, it was heavy, so thankfully I sat on the driveway to help steady myself. But WOW is that thing SHARP!!!!!! Holy cow.
I was also introduced to AI Servo today. I've always used ONE SHOT focusing, because well, I didn't know any different. The AI Servo feature will continue to focus and refocus until you take the shot, where one shot locks focus.



Note: That spot above Lynxie's ear in the last shot? It's a mosquito (the NJ State Bird, lol) That's how awesome this lens is!
5 comments:
I LOVE that last shot of him looking back at the camera. He is a pretty...um I mean handsome...cat!
cari
Wow! The mosquito is impressive! He sure is a pretty kitty. With your description of Al Servo, does that mean you're going to leave it on that setting all the time?
these are awesome shots! what a beautiful neighbor cat. I love my 70-200--I reach for it every chance I get. don't worry--the weight will become nothing soon enough:)
He is so beautiful! And these are SO SHARP- makes me want that lens all the more! *sigh*
it IS sharp! i once took a photo of owen eating watermelon and you can see crystal clear a mosquito on his forehead. I loved the photo, but couldn't stand the thought of the mosquito, so i actually photoshopped it out!
Post a Comment