
Part of the inscription inside my wedding band--the date. This is my huband's and my rings together--months before the wedding--when I just couldn't stop looking at them! :) (New!)

My husband bought my 85 1.8 for me for Christmas last year. This was one of the the very first shots I took, his niece's Webkins sitting on his leg.

Lightning at Whitehouse (Jamaica). This is from our honeymoon--during the really long storm on one of our last days (that we also have amazing video of!) The resort staff looked at me a bit funny because I stood in the doorway to our room for a good 20 minutes....waiting....trying....to get this shot. The 80 or so frames I had to delete were worth it! (New!)

My neighbor's cat, Lynx. Not only did he let me get close enough to take some shots, they came out amazing thanks to some borrowed L glass.

I <3 stargazer lilies. There are tons of them in my garden. This shot just had a great angle and great light (and had some saturation help, too!)
As I sifted through my photos, I was reminded of some amazing times over the past 12 months: my aunts playing cards at a family reunion; trips to Brooklyn NY, North Carolina, and Washington DC; an imprompteau family outing to the river on Memorial Day; of course my wedding and honeymoon; and one of the sweetest photos I've ever taken of my mom and dad. I'm so very fortunate to have the quality equipment I do, but I'm even luckier to have been given the skill to capture such memories. Thanks for looking!
7 comments:
These are wonderful! I love the lightening shot! Congrats on the wedding too!
Nice shots. The lightning shot is awesome--I'm still trying to get one.
Love your storm image and I remember staring at my rings over and over again before our wedding. Thanks for reminding me of what that excitement felt like. =) Here's to some great shots and capturing more priceless memories in the new year. Nice work.
Such great favorites! I'm a lightning chaser, so of course I LOVED that one, lol. I've been married for 10 years, and I still find myself staring at my ring. You'll treasure that shot. TFS!!!
WOW! Love these shots - especially the beautiful flower.
Any chance you'll share that recipe for the Texas Tostitos?
Tracy
Love your photos, but love your commentary even more...about being reminded of the special and the everyday moments of life. tfs
these are wonderful shots! i want so badly to be able to capture lightening!
Post a Comment