We received this set as a wedding present from my Aunt and Uncle. How they knew I was looking for a nativity scene, I have no idea. My mom didn't tell them, it wasn't on our registry, and I don't think I ever mentioned it. But I love it. I cried when we opened it after the wedding.
It's from Carruth Studio and is actually cast cement! The pieces can stand on a tabletop or can hang on the wall. This year we put it on the hutch in the kitchen (which forced me to clean the hutch for the first time in a while! :)

The detail is so impressive! I really could not have picked a better set myself!
I've been doing some reading on using my external flash. These were all taken with a technique known as "dragging the shutter." Also, these were all taken with my NEW Canon 28-135mm IS lens......a wonderful Christmas present that I can't wait to play with in the warm weather tomorrow!
4 comments:
I've been married 18 years and have never been able to find a nativity that I just loved. I might just have to check this one out! I love your new avatar, too--it's super cute!
I have this!! I got it last year and just love it. Heavy sucker, but the detail is wonderful.
What a beautiful nativity set. I think you're doing a great job with the flash. Keep up the good work.
Nice detail! I especially like the "sheep" photo. I'm also experimenting with dragging the shutter with my new external flash. There was a recent link in two peas to a long thread at ilp.com that was absolutely excellent in understanding more on how to use my flash.
Post a Comment