Saturday, July 18, 2009

TTD

So I trashed my wedding dress today. Not really, but that's what that style of photoshoot is called. It's done after the wedding, when you're probably never going to wear the thing again anyway. Why not get some fantastic pictures out of it and have a good time in the process? There wasn't a ton of stuff on the dress when I got it home--it was wet and had some dirt and algae spots on it, but my dad took the garden hose to it, and most of it came out just fine. (Yes, I'll give you a moment to process a wedding dress hanging on the clothesline, with my dad squirting the hose at it. Really. It's ok.)

One of my online friends, Chell, agreed to do this shoot. We had such a good time, and she was such a trooper, willing to do just about anything and even suggesting a few crazy ideas along the way. You can see the REAL shots on her blog (she's got a sneak peek up already): http://zobbiephotography.blogspot.com/

These pictures were taken by my mom of all the craziness we went through to get the gorgeous shots you'll see on Chell's blog (no really, go look!) Our location was a state park, just north of the University of Delaware's main campus. My mom is standing in the spot where my husband proposed to me a few years ago! We also did our engagement pictures here, although we stayed much dryer then!

Me, being smart for my mom--notice I even had my sunglasses on still?

The first few shots. The dress was still mostly dry. We were adjusting to the current.

Ew! I sat on something slimy! (The dress is quite wet and it was tricky getting up!)

Gorgeous setting. Interesting to navigate in a big 'ol dress...

Like I said, Chell was a trooper....here she's in waist-deep. But the next shots were worth it!

New part of me got wet. (Mom lucked out on capturing that face!)

It felt weird, but it looks great!

We did a ton more in between these (like laying on some old painted rocks and climbing the waterfall), but we were a bit too far away for mom's point & shoot.

And this is how I ended the day...playing in the water!!!


It was such a fantastic experience! I tried really hard to not be a girl--to not let the bugs and slime and stuff bother me. This was a one-time-shot at some amazing pics....and I think we succeeded in our mission. The heavy, wet dress and the currents, however, left me one tired pup. ;) But would I do it again??? In a heartbeat!!!

4 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Great shots and it looks like fun!

Courtney said...

oh, my gosh! what gave you this idea and where did you find a friend like that?!

Angela2932 said...

Wow! These are fantastic! How great that you did these; I think this may be the best "perk" of a wedding of all of them! It also never occurred to me (duh!) that the photographer might also get in the water!!!!!!

Suzy said...

I just saw your photos and love them! Thanks for sharing these shots to! Your beautiful and they came out great!