Friday, December 28, 2007

Lens love!

My sweetie got me the 85mm 1.8 lens for Christmas. I LOVE THIS LENS!!! (I've been looking @ it for about a year now....so glad he finally broke my trance and bought it!)

The only other prime (think, unchangeable zoom) I have is the 50mm 1.8....and the 50 and I have been at war for about a year and a half. I wanted to like it (most other photogs LOVE it). I tried several times. It won nearly every time. We just haven't gotten along since the moment I put it on the camera. Sigh.

Now me and the 85, on the other hand, are getting along quite nicely! It's fast. It's SHARP!!! I can't wait for spring to really get out and play!

Here's a few practice shots from today.

This seems a tad dark to me, but when I went to fix it, the results looked worse. So we'll deal with it SOOC (straight out of camera). Don'tcha love that creamy bokeh? (Bokeh is a fancy word for blurry background.)

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/100, f/4.0, 1600 ISO.

This is what's left of some gorgeous lilies in my backyard. I can't believe how crisp the detail is! (Stay tuned and you'll see what they look like in their spring/summer glory!) SOOC except for crop.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/100, f/6.3, 400 ISO.

No comments: