I had this really cute hat that I was going to photograph on my favorite stuffed animal tonight. But it didn't work out like I'd planned. Sigh.
Here's Plan B. A fabulous denim bucket hat I wear in the summer. Ignore that it's hanging on the mirror in my bedroom. Actually, no, don't ignore that fact, that's part of my dilema tonight. It was late, so no natural light, and I was hesitant to use flash because of the mirror--I didn't want a lot of glared reflection. (OK, and I was just too lazy to pull out my bounce flash and diffuser, but it turned out to be a good exercise anyway!).
Sometimes I wonder if I have a warped perception. I see things on the boards that others rave about and, frankly, I just don't care for it. Then there's other stuff that I really like that others don't seem to care for. Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm trying to get a sense of where my perception falls on the Beauty-and-the-Beast continuum (oh my HS History teacher would be so proud of me!)
So....please tell me which of these three you like best. Technical info aside, which of these is most pleasing to you? Feel free to comment as to why (newbies, I don't want tech stuff, so please don't feel intimidated. I want to know what YOU like and why.)



19 comments:
Good take on the theme! I love hats like that but I can't pull them off!
Cari
I prefer the last shot. The first is too dark for my taste and the shadow from the hat is too harsh. The 2nd photo is lighter but the color doesn't appeal to me. I feel at ease with the last photo. It's bright, the blue makes me feel tranquel (?sp) and there aren't harsh shadows. I also really like the blue hat against the brownish toned mirrow. Has a beachy feel to it. Warm and inviting.
I like the second one. HAs a vintage feel to it :)
good job with this theme
Like #2 feels warm and comfy.
I like the second one best because of the quality of the light and color, even though you can't really see the hat.
I would love the third hat in the second picture without such a harsh shadow, that is if I was to get things my way. LOL
Newbie here. I like the middle one. More contrast than the first, so the hat stands out more as the focal point. I like it better than the color one, because the color makes it seem "ordinary", where-as whatever you did with the middle one makes it seem dreamy and special. My 2$ (no cents sign on my keyboard! LOL.)
I like the second one best also.
I think I like the moody lighting in #2, although it's probably more "correct" looking in #3. Maybe that's an example of liking something that may/may not be the best to everyone else, but looks good to me sorta thing. I understand you when you commented about not liking what someone else raves about. I think it's good to have your own opinion, not just following the masses. Hope all this made sense?
I love the fact it is your favourite hat hanging on your mirror - talks more about your life than a perfectly set up shot. i like #3 best, but if the shadow wasn't as prominent in #2 it would probably win.
Well, honestly, the first two are very dark. the third is my favorite of the 3, but it has more of a random snapshot look to it. I'm not sure what I would do to this actual photo to make it look more artistic.
This is just my amateur opinion though!
Hmmmm, I suppose I like the second one best. The last is too obviously "flashy" IMO, and the first is really dark. Just my $0.02!!
I like the last one best of all.
hmm... I'm having a hard time. I think I would choose a happy medium between the 2nd and the 3rd one.
I think I like the last one best, seems like the natural colors.
I like the second one. I agree with Patti that I like that you took a picture of your favorite hat. As a scrapbooker, I'd love to see a page about it and all the places it's been! :)
They're all good but I like the 2nd one...first too dark and the last too blue (just my taste).
Great use of the theme!
I like the second one... It has a nice feel to it.
Ok, I like the color of the hat in the third pic, but everything else about the second. I would have to say that the second would be my preference. The third one just came off to be a little too bright for my taste. I also like the hue of the mirror in the second photo.
Post a Comment