Thursday, January 17, 2008

Photoshop fun

This is a picture I took with sweetie's dad's 85mm in Sept '06. I had no idea what I was doing with the lens, it was like the 2nd pic I took with it...but I knew I was in love way back then!

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/60, f/4.8, 100 ISO, natural lighting.


The colors look a little flat, and I was playing in Photoshop...creating new adjustment layers with gradient maps. Put several together on a solid black background (first time using guides too--I'm hooked!) and you get this: (click to view full-sized)

19 comments:

Toni said...

Thats awesome! You just knew you were in love... photography does that to us! Toni

Kristi said...

That is really creative and really beautiful! I'm in love with my 85mm too!

Anonymous said...

Love the first photo and I love that story board you made!
Cari

Val said...

Cool storyboard! I love the cool swirly looking DOF in the SOOC shot

Yvonne said...

Great way to use this photo!

Sara said...

Ohhh, I like the collage!

amazing grace said...

i just recently got the 85mm and I love it!!! pretty flower!

Liz said...

This is so pretty and looks like lots of fun to play with!

Ginnie said...

How fun the different images are. I really love your first shot. Great job!

Stacey said...

Very cool!

Michelle said...

i really like your "poster". the colors and photo crop you used are very cool.

Mom2Drew said...

Looks like a poster I've seen somewhere...cool.

Amy said...

Beautiful first shot and the storyboard is pretty too!

tori said...

creative storyboard!

Becky said...

Love your storyboard!

Margaret said...

Love your storyboard! So creative!

Danielle said...

Very creative! I love your story board.

bcgal00 Rae said...

Love what you did with this photo!

Suzy said...

Very creative and pretty!!