Thursday, January 24, 2008

What an eclectic mix!

This is one of the shelves in my office. What a variety of books all in one place--there's the children's lit from college (and some of my personal favs!), the humorous Jokes and Pi books, guilty pleasure novels (King and Evanovich), and the self-help Romance books! Don't worry, the shelves below are just as random, although they tend to be more professional and textbook oriented. (And if you look closely, an old friend from my aperature assignment makes a cameo!)


Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/80, f/2.0, 800 ISO, ambient lighting.
*ETA* This is not SOOC...I did a screen layer in PS to lighten it up a bit.




To answer a few questions from yesterday...the heart cupcake holders are from Target. The background paper is a bright purple from a pack of printer paper, nothing fancy! Thanks again to all who are leaving comments--I really do read every one! ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love books too!
good capture!
tara

Kristi said...

Looks like my bookshelves...a whole bunch of random!!

Anonymous said...

Great photo!
Cari

Chell said...

The mouse on the motorcycle was one of my faves as a kid..

Mom2Drew said...

I love Beverly cleary! Ramona books were my favorite growing up. I like the composition of this shot...did you reorganize your shelf for the shot, or is it always like this?

Amy said...

Great photo! I love Beverly Cleary's books!

Anonymous said...

Wow...great collection. And I do love Beverly Cleary. Where would the world be without Ramona?

Becky said...

Just think how much this photo would change if you replaced the Cleary book with your filthy dirty jokes book as the focus. :-)

Farrah Jobling said...

Great idea!

Angela2932 said...

2 of my favorite authors! Stephen King and Janet Evanovich! This is a wonderful photo.

Val said...

Love book photos!

Tori said...

fun shot! I love Beverly Cleary!