WHAT IS IT???
So I was happily shooting the flowers in the beautiful warm sun this afternoon, when this creature came over to play. At first, I thought it was just a fuzzy bumble bee. He was hanging around, so I was shooting (yeah, took like 50 frames in a matter of minutes--I'd be dangerous as Paparazzi!). So it flew a little closer and I thought perhaps it was a hummingbird (SWEET!) I didn't want to get terribly close and scare it, so I kept shooting. Then I got a better look and realized it was neither bumble bee nor humingbird. It was actually kinda ominous and creepy looking. Anyone know what it was?
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/1250, f/2.2, 100ISO.
It did play, posing gracefully and even adjusting its position so I could shoot better. As creepy as it was, I can get past that if you're willing to play! :)
Here are a few more quick ones I took today. I still have TONS of macros to post, but life is too crazy right now to sit and prepare them all for blog.
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/3200, f/1.8, 100ISO.
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/800, f/2.2, 100ISO.



12 comments:
Great photos. Not sure what kind of visitor that is but, I tell you it would have scared the tinkle out me.
Lovely pink...one of my fav colors. What a little visitor indeed.
Don't know what that is, but someone posted a shot of something like that last year, and somebody knew...Great shot thought, with the wings against the flower! Can't wait to see more macros.
No idea what the little guest is, but I like how he is just sitting there against the pretty background.
I just love the saturated colors! The pink is vibrant and so detailed.
Weird, kinda looks like a bee/butterfly mix. I love the color here!
I'm pretty sure it's an alien. Time to call ghostbusters! But I think it's cool that you shot it!(and that it didn't sting you or anything!) I love your iris photo and as far as I'm concerned, the more macro shots the better!
Don't know what it is but you got a really cool shot of it.
Your flowers are beautiful and I have no idea what that bee/butterfly is!!
not sure what it is but it is creppy looking. Love your flower shots. They are amazing..
Looks like some kind of moth to me. Are the wings transparent and I'm seeing the color of the flower through them? So cool! Great colors in these shots!
oh those are great. i love love that last one. great shots.
Post a Comment