After our town's Memorial Day parade, there is a ceremony at the Revolutionary War battlefield in town (see post from June 8). "The Monument" as true townies call it, lies on the Delaware River across from the Philadelphia airport. Sweetie's nieces and newphews (4 lil ones in all) came with us and we spent a few minutes down on the "beach" skipping stones and looking for cool finds. This is a clam shell the kids were particularly excited with (it had both sides attached still!) that Sweetie is displaying.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/800, f/4.5, 100ISO.
This is one of the first times in a WHILE I've tackled moving objects (kids!). It was also VERY sunny, so it was a challenging shoot--but I really enjoyed the change from the still life in my back yard!
10 comments:
Oh very cool, and I LOVE skipping rocks. I used to spend hours doing that on the lake up in Maine
That is so cool! Great DOF...I had sun problems today too!
Cari
That looks great! Your DOF is awesome!
Great lighting! Was it a stinky hand after being a clammy hand? :-)
Very cool, great photo...
What a great shot! Very nice color
I enjoy the DOF here.
What a fun day! And what a cool find!
Holy moly! That is one awesome shot. I live in Maine, and know that would sell on a card around here.
Great DOF! :) Holding clams kinda gives me the heebie jeebies (even though I grew up on the beaches)... LOL :) Have you ever held a geoduck?? (gooey-duck is the pronunciation)... YUP! sounds like a fun day for you!
Cheers,
jewels
Post a Comment