I couldn't find a bouncy ball (I know there's one in my desk at work--doh!) so I had to use a deflated kickball for this experiment. I saw an engagement picture the other day with a couple shooting pool and the cue ball looked like it was "ghosting" and "skittering" along the table. And I just had to figure out how they did it.
So me the Crazy Lady, was out on my side walkway with my camera and a ball tonight, rolling it around and clicking the remote to fire the camera. I was too lazy to take the tripod, so y'all get a view of my bricks, because there was no way I could hold the camera steady for a full second (the shutter speed on this shot)!
It's not great. It's certainly not what I saw in my inspiration. But I get the idea now--it's all about shutter speed. And it's VERY cool!
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1" (1 sec) , f/16, 100ISO. Slight exposure adjustment in RAW conversion.
On a personal note, thank you to all who leave me comments (both here and those who email me). It is so wonderful to read them, and I do read every single one. ;)
8 comments:
That is really cool. Great affect.
Shawna (shawkrem)
WOW...that is so cool. I get strange looks all the time while taking photos. Hahaha. This was a really neat experiment.
it is great, did you use a tripod or just handheld
Very fun!!
I really like it! love the colors.
That is very cool! I'm going to have to try that too. Amy :)
That's cool!
PS--I'm thinking of asking for a tripod or remote for XMas.... hmmmm.
That couple must have stood VERY still for the shot that inspired you!
Post a Comment