Tuesday, January 22, 2008

All the news that's fit to print

Today's date on the local newspaper seemed to fit this week's theme of "words." Tried one without a border and one with (my playing with brushes in photoshop). Comments on the boders? (I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm curious to hear what others say.)


Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/80, f/1.8, 400 ISO, ambient lighting, custom white balance.




21 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this particular case I do not care for the border, but I love photos of newspapers in general...it shows a real time line. I like the border...I just think it might work better in a different photo.

Anonymous said...

I actually like the one without the boarder...great shot!
Cari

pat said...

I find the border a bit distracting on this photo... Nice crisp shot, though.

Reds said...

Like it better without border - nice clear shot!

Mom2Drew said...

Nice take on the theme and yes, I too agree about the no border on this one.

Sara said...

What a good idea!

Angela2932 said...

Clever take on the theme. Although fun to play with, I like the one without the border the best. The border just doesn't add anything to it.

April Michelle said...

i like the photo with out the border, i think it takes away from the photo

Liz said...

Your colors are great, so clear and crisp. I am not crazy about that border for that picture but I think it would work well for a different photo.

Tori said...

I don't care for the border on this one either, but it's a nice shot on its own.

Tera Fraley said...

Great words!! I like it plain without a border, if you were gonna do one I might use a grunge border.

For Over 29 Years... said...

I don't care for the border, but it's a great clear shot!

Suzy said...

I like the one without the border best!! Great photo!!

April said...

i'm not too keen on the border but that's a creative shot. looks good.

Amy said...

I prefer the first photo. That is a pretty border, but I think it would work better on another photo.

Becky said...

I like it better without the border. If I did a border at all, I would do a simple line one. It is a pretty border, I'd like to see it on a different photo.

Margaret said...

Love the first one. Nice composition.

Jessica said...

I like it without to border too, but great shot of the newspaper. Nice depth of field and perspective.

Toni said...

I lke the shot w/o the border as well. Very sharp pic.

Melissa said...

Nice crisp shot - no boarder for me either.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot and I prefer this one without border