I had no idea what I was going to shoot today. So sitting at my desk, thinking, I looked down. That's it! "These pens sit at a neat angle, the colors are interesting, and I like the way the light is reflecting off the tips of the pens," I thought. This also captures my life right now...sorting (the piles of work just to the right), the lens cap ('cause that's where I plopped it when I took it off the camera to shoot!), the sticky notes I keep close by (there are one too many things in my head and I'm afraid they're
all gonna come tumbling out!), the scribbled settings from previous POTD's, and
ideas (under the pens is a brouchure for Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton NJ....FABULOUS outdoor sculpture museum. I'm looking forward to a warm spring day to get back there and full up a memory card or two!).

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/80, f/2.0, 400 ISO.
23 comments:
And what I especially like is that right at the tip of the pens you have your camera settings! For me, that made the photo!
I think this is a neat pic... Love the dof.
Sometimes the simple things can make the best photos...nice color.
I have to laugh because this is about what my desk looks like except lots worse! Great shot, the DOF is fantastic.
the light is awesome and i really like the perspective!
very coOL!
tara
i like the randomness of this. and your DOF is very nice.
That is such a cool shot! I love the way you captured ordinary things in a unique way.
I absolutel love the picture, your focus and perspective really make it.
Nice DOF and I cant live without those sticky notes either
Your dof and focus are great!
Nice. I like shots like these.
Sometimes it is right in front of us! I really like the jumble of stuff..its so chaotic, but together all at the same time.
Looks like my desk.... minus the bottle of water and something "bad" to eat! Nice DOF!
Nice DOF on this! Way to notice what's right there in front of you!
Great capture of your everyday life. Love the DOF here!
Beautiful DOF here. And, I agree that sometimes the things the seem so 'everyday' can make a really nice photo.
Love this shot!
Really great DOF shot!
looks a lot like my workspace! love how it's so simple and normal!
I think it looks neat, love the DOF! Looks like my desk.
nice dof!
really cool perspective and nice colors. I find it so hard to get good color indoors on abstarct objects. You did a great job.
Great shot! Your desk is much neater then mine, I am a mess right now lol :0
Post a Comment