When we were little, there was a set of nesting dolls on a bookshelf....we were only allowed to play with them on special occasions--my mom brought them back from her stay in Germany and wanted to keep them in good condition as a keepsake. So when we visited Germany several years ago, I wanted some for myself. I bought the set you see below, along with a beautiful angel set decorated with wood burning and gold paint. (My brother found one with all the Russian leaders!) We always called them Babushka dolls as kids, but the woman selling them in Germany said no, these are Matroiska dolls--Babushka is an old woman, these are young ladies. (I'm quite sure I spelled both of those wrong!)
This isn't completely on theme this week, but I've been meaning to photograph these for a while, and today seemed like a good day!

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/500, f/3.5, 100 ISO, natural light, aluminum foil reflector.
4 comments:
NICE dof and great color!
tara
That is such a beautiful shot, and I love the story that goes along with it!
that is a great story and you spelling looked great to me, but I am no speller. lol!
DOF is right on! Great job!
I love these kind of dolls!
BTW, I always thought a babushka was something you put on your head, like a kerchief kinda thing...ah well...
Post a Comment