Thursday, March 6, 2008

Catching up

Wow, life gets crazy quickly! I haven't posted in weeks (and sad to say, I haven't shot anything, either!) It was beautiful today when I got home from work, and I had a few spare minutes, so I was able to enjoy the first daffodil of the season. This week's theme is cropping, so I played a little. Also tried some saturation adjustments for fun.


Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/125, f/4.0, 200ISO. SOOC (left), edited (right)



You might remember a Saturday morning cartoon from the late 80's/early 90's with characters called Snorks. I LOVED the snorks. Well when I bought my house, sweetie's dad found this little character tucked behind one of the bushes in the side garden. It has since been the proud mascot and keeper of the Island, the center flower garden of the back yard. Here he is on post, watching all the bulbs sprout. Love the lil guy! ;)


Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/200, f/4.0, 100ISO.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

I love those daffodil shots! Daffodils are definitely one of my favorite flowers! They're so beautiful. Love the crops you did.

Ljsmom33 said...

Beautiful shots!! I so remember the Snorks! lol

Anonymous said...

lol love the last two! daffodils are gorgeous!

Donnah Ciempka said...

Oh, the daffodils are lovely. It is so nice to see spring. It is still cold and bleak here.

Shanna Jones said...

Great daffodil!

Jason said...

Awesome shots! The depth of field is great! WOW

Anonymous said...

I love these shots!!! Wish it would warm up here so the flowers can start blooming...I used to love the snorks!
cari

Danielle said...

I love daffodils beautiful shot.

Becky said...

Hmm, I like the crop a lot but I really like all the colors in the non-cropped one. And how did I live through that time without ever hearing of the Snorks? Love his colors and the way the sunlight is hitting him.

Debbi said...

Great job cropping and following the theme! You are also very creative!

pat said...

Nice! Love these colors, and great cropping on the photos.