Sunday, March 30, 2008

Darth Vader's Baby Brother

Spring is here! There's blooming and sprouting all over my yard (squeel! good pics on their way!!!) It was warm today in the sun, but you still needed a jacket. I'm ready for some warmth. I'm ready to sit outside on my back steps after work and read the mail. I'm ready for cute little skirts, fun jewelry, and FLIP FLOPS!


I bought a home composting unit early last week (one of the benefits of Spring Break is having a day off work when the rest of the world is still open for business!). It's been sitting near the house while we decided where to put it. Well today, we decided. It's been secured in place and is ready to do it's thing. Add some yummy kitchen waste and lawn clippings, "cook" a few months in the sun, and I'll have wonderful goodness to add to my gardens (which will hopefully give me even MORE things to take pics of. Squeel!!!)


Here's Darth Vader's Baby Brother, earlier in the week.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/500, f/4.5, 100ISO.

13 comments:

Chell said...

LOL oh that is a riot. It does look like a darth Vadar relative.

pat said...

I will NEVER look at a composting bin in the same way again! LOL!!!!

Bobbi said...

So fuuny, lol I wasn't sure what to expect. Yes I definitely see the force here.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That is too funny! Have fun with your new "toy."

Cindi Koceich said...

Too funny! I totally see Darth Vadar!!

bprincephoto said...

That is so cool. I never would have seen the Darth Vadar until you shot it that way though.

Jess said...

Very cool! I haven't seen one of those before... my mom and grandma just had a corner of the yard where they put all their stuff to make compost, lol! This is too neat!

Becky said...

Perfect description of it!

Angela2932 said...

It does look like a little Darth Vader! I have a concrete block thingy my son put together for me to use as a compost pile. I love when it's gets to the "black gold" stage (nice, usable, rich, soil.)

Amy said...

That does look like a Star Wars character! Can't wait to see your pretty flowers that are enjoying their compost! :)

Mom2Drew said...

Hilarious title, will definitely have to show the DH-he's in love with anything Star Wars.

Anonymous said...

wow you got me excited for spring...and i live in south florida! you cracked me up with the vader comment! lol...cant wait to see your spring!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool...Don't go over to the dark side if you can help it. ;)