Sunday, April 13, 2008

<3 Macro love <3

First, my POTD. This week's theme is: What is it? Leave a comment if you've got a guess...


Tech info: Rebel XT, 100mm macro, 1/100, f/3.5, 400ISO.



Now on to the good stuff.

I've only had this macro lens for 4 days now. I've taken over 200 pictures, just in my backyard. (What well-photographed flowers I have!) This thing is so cool. Someone told me you learn to look at the world in a whole new way once you've used a macro, and she was right! Here's a small gallery of the different shots I've taken. (Click on the thumbnails to be taken to larger views of individual shots.) I wasn't going to post settings for each and every shot, but if you're curious, just ask! Let me know what you think and thanks for looking!












16 comments:

Christiana said...

You've got some really cool shots there. I love all of them, but that westinghouse meter is really neat looking. I think the first picture is a flower, japanese magnolia maybe, about to bloom?

C said...

Beautiful garden here ;)

I think the 2st shot is of a flower, i think a Tulip bud about to bloom.

Debbi said...

Great macro shots!

CRS said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! They look great. My guess is that it's a crocus?

I love the electricity meter--how can something so mundane look so great?

Jess said...

WOW WOW WOW! These are amazing! Is the first one a tulip bud?

amazing grace said...

love the macros!!! i'm thinking a magnolia bud as well....

Anonymous said...

I think it is a tulip

Val said...

Cool shots! I really like the meter one. Good idea

Angie Moses said...

Awesome shots! I thin the first shot is the tip of a flower bud about to open!

pat said...

NICE! You and your lens are really getting acquainted. Love the tulip in the first shot--it looks like a mouth with lipstick on. The shot of the meter is great--nice DOF going on there. LOVE the shot of the lily-of-the-valley coming up between the cement and step/curb. Those things are so hardy and determined, in spite of their delicate appearance. You ARE seeing things differently!

Becky said...

My guess is a tulip about to bloom. Great macro shots. It's so much fun, isn't it?

Amy said...

Wow. I love them all. Looks like you're having So much fun!

Krista P said...

You've been having some fun with that new macro!

Love the squirrel shot.

Tori said...

great shots! i have absolutely no idea what that first one is..... some sort of flower bud maybe?

Angela2932 said...

Oh, these are so cool! I also think the first one is a flower about to bloom, on a mirror. Is it the same flower that is down a ways on the right? (Please don't tell me it's something like a snail or a slug!!!!) I really like the lily of the valley, and the meter.

Sharon said...

Wonderful captures!!