I picked up my rental macro lens today and had a BLAST after work. Some observations and mental notes after my first afternoon of play: 1) that's a heavy lens (my neighbor came over to chat and teased me about shooting one handed while I held the tree branch down a little lower to shoot); 2) focusing is tricky when you're that close to your subject; 3) who knew there was a spider web/string between the lily of the valley stalks--I couldn't even see that until I loaded the pics on my computer!
Here's one of the first shots that really impressed me. A simple dandylion pair. All the years of looking at dandylions, I never knew they had those curly things in the middle! Stay tuned for many more over the next few weeks while I have this lens--so different!

Tech info: Rebel XT, 100mm macro, 1/1000, f/3.5, 100ISO.
12 comments:
Love you composition on those dandelions. I have a dandelion macro today, too!:)
i didn't know those curly things were there either! great shots. glad to see you're enjoying the rental--its always so fun to play.
Nice! You will LOVE your macro; you see things in a whole new way, with or without the lens.
I just noticed soe dandylions in my yard today and was thinking i should turn the macro on them
Glad you're having fun...macro lenses are a trip. I love mine, but you get so much detail you've got to pay such close attention to things. Pretty yellow color here.
What a beautiful shot of the dandelions, I love your composition! I can't wait to see more macros, they're so fun!
I like the composition on this shot. Funny title too.
How fun! I'm glad you are enjoying your new toy! :) You will see a LOT of things you never knew were there, lol! LOVE the dandelions... your comp is awesome!
Love the comp, color, and lighting. Great shot!! I so want a macro lens to play with :(
You are soooo not going to want to send that macro back! Great shot.
Wonderful shots! Aren't macro lenses wonderful! The whole world changes, when you start using one!
Those are def the BEST dandelions I have ever seen!!
Post a Comment