Thursday, May 15, 2008

A rose by any other name...

I've been watching this rose bush prepare these lovely buds...and I hope the weather is as beautiful when they finally bloom as it was today. The first is with the sun shining on the bud, the second is a backlit shot.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/320, f/4.0, 100ISO. PS: Sharpen


Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/250, f/2.8, 100ISO. PS: Sharpen
Also, I have tomatoes!!! Yes, it's only mid May, but these are the first fruits of the garden!
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/500, f/3.5, 100ISO.

10 comments:

Jess said...

I have been enjoying my rosebushes too! They are full of little hot pink roses now, I just love it! I can't believe you have tomatoes already... my dad planted some but they are still little flowers yet. :)

lcp said...

Nice backlighting! Tomatoes already! Wow...I never can get them to grow, the squirrel always get to them first!

C said...

So pretty! Love the 1st shot!

Cindi Koceich said...

Great job with your lighting! Beautiful!!

pat said...

Man, you are soooo far ahead of us garden-wise. It's really nice to see things blooming and growing there. :-)

Amy said...

Beautiful, I love the backlighting!

Anonymous said...

Wow...this color is just unreal. I love it. The focus is great too!

Bobbi said...

Very pretty rose, can't wait to see it in full bloom. And I love tomatoes! I should really plant some.

Tori said...

these are really pretty.... love the color in the first one!

Becky said...

Nothing so pretty as a rose. Nicely captured!