So we ended up at Bodie Island lighthouse, the first we visited back-in-the-day. We also made it down to Hatteras and got to climb! The last time we were at Hatteras was right before they moved it (1999). We did some beach shots, Sweetie got to chase some sand crabs, and all in all had a wonderful little weekend trip.
There's a new trend now, for couples to take a weekend get-away from all the stress and chaos of planning a wedding. They're called "mini-moons" (mini honeymoons). While I haven't felt all that stressed about our upcoming wedding, it was fun to steal some time for just us.
I also realized this weekend, that I <3 my Rebel . I did have the P&S with me, and it did fine, but there's something about the control of a dSLR that I love. I wasn't going to take the Rebel on our honeymoon--'cause I really don't feel like schlepping all my gear & kinda figured maybe I'd put my energies into other, um, activities! But now I'm really considering taking it.....stay tuned.
Here's a shot of me taking pictures out the car window!

Tech info: Rebel XT, 18-55mm, 1/800, f/6.3, 100ISO. Increased exposure in RAW conversion.
7 comments:
Mini-moon, huh? All these trends I missed out on by getting married so long ago (18 years today). I never got a 'push present' either. :-D
Sounds like a fun little trip for you two. Do we get to see some photos from the Outer Banks??
Cool shot!
Very creative. Your little trip sounds fun.
Man I could have used a mini-moon. I am so jealous, I've always wanted to see that lighthouse.
sounds like a fun trip. cool picture
Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Cute shot out the window too. :)
Post a Comment