We joke that our neighborhood is a nature preserve. We came home from church this morning to catch a glimpse of a deer in the neighbor's yard. Minutes later, another neighbor comes over to tell us she's found a turtle in her yard. The chipmunks and squirrels and rabbits were playing all day. I got hopped into by a frog tonight. The birds love my yard (see last pic below).
And the most ironic part is that I'm four houses from an oil refinery and three blocks from an Interstate!
I loved this little box turtle. He was such a good model! He would move, then pose, then move, then pose. We relocated him to a calm park in the next town over (the water shot below).
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/160, f/3.5, 400ISO.
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/320-1/400, f/3.5, 400ISO.
While Sweetie went to get a bucket to move Mr. Turtle, I snapped some shot of other things in the yard. (I was supposed to be babysitting him and well, I got bored. He crawled under a bush and Sweetie had to fetch him out!) This robin has been particularly trusting and gets much closer to me than the other birds in the yard. He paused long enough for me to fire a quick shot. Yes, that's right, ONE frame. And I happened to catch him enjoying breakfast!!! I couldn't believe it when I pull up the file on the computer! (I had to really zoom in so you could kinda see, sorry about the icko pic.)
With gas prices as they're going, we're thinking about adding a goat to the Nature Preserve so we don't have to cut grass anymore! :)






14 comments:
Those turtle shots are great!
I hope they don't rid of this...it's so great for the turtles. I like your compositions in these, so think you did a good job cropping. Lovely, true to life color too.
Oh my goodness! That turtle is so amazing. Look at all the color on his shell. You did a perfect job capturing your own little neighborhood nature preserve.
You have got a busy yard! Love the turtle shots!
Oh, LOVE that turtle! The patterns on his shell are so cool. I think you did a nice job on your crops. And congrats on the breakfast capture!!
Wow, you DO have a lot of nature in your yard! That is awesome!
hey like the goat Idea, I have said the same thign a few time, but don't think the neighbors or the township would be cool with it.
Love the turtle pics..
I love the first one, and second to last one! :) Very cute little dude!
Cheers,
jewels
So amazing and fun to have all those different animals in your yard! Wow! I love those turtle shots. He is so cute!
I really like your compositions! He is a cute little turtle. What a treat to have so much nature in your backyard.
Love the turtles! Too cute!
I think the goat is a great idea! Now I'm wondering where you live? What state? How cool that you have so many "friends" around! Oh and looking forward to some goat pix!
Great turtle shots. They are so fun. And I love the last one of the robin with the worm in its mouth.
Those turtle shots are so fun! How nice of you to move him to a safer location!!!
Post a Comment