Thursday, July 17, 2008

I adore stargazer lilies

Stargazers lilies are by far my favorites. They're so bright and stinky....I was a full 10 feet away with my back turned and I could still smell them! :) What's even better is that they are the last of all the lilies in my garden to bloom--so they have no competition!
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/250, f/3.5, 100ISO. PS: Lolly's "Simple Pop" action, 50%.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/250, f/3.5, 100ISO. PS: Lolly's "Simple Pop" action, 50%.

7 comments:

pat said...

Yea, Stargazers are certainly fragrant buggers. Love that first shot; really nice DOF on it!

Joanne Fowler said...

I love them too, and I love these shots!!

Amy said...

Wow, beautiful colors!

Rachael said...

Beautiful colors! I love stargazers as well, one of my favorite flowers.

lcp said...

I love the stargazers as well and I totally love their scent! Your colors here are great and wonderful dof in the 2nd shot.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Those are beautiful! The colors are really great!!

Anonymous said...

Stargazers are my favorite Asiatic Lily. So much color and detail in one flower! Even the greenery is amazing.

Really awesome!