We did go to IKEA on Sunday and buy new bedroom furniture. While I'm totally psyched to have made OUR first purchase TOGETHER as husband and wife, the logistics of it are a bit daunting. Where to store the boxes, where to assemble (since there's not much free space at the moment, see above paragraph for why), how to smoothly make the transition from old to new, and what to do with old. And of course, like everything in this house, it's a project. The old will become storage upstairs in our junk room (fantastic!!!), but space had to be cleared. But in the end, it will be worth it.
For now, though, I just need to enjoy having a dresser in the middle of my kitchen.

(Wow, a POTD on theme?? That hasn't happened in months!)
5 comments:
Awww, I remember that! It's so fun (and challenging) figuring out how to artfully merge two people's lives (and STUFF!). You will figure it out, I'm sure of it! LOVE the new dresser- that is gorgeous!
Oooh, nice dresser!! Now the fun begins--merging 2 into one. Congrats on the wedding--your Jamaica photos are wonderful! Looks like it was a great honeymoon.
Welcome home and congrats on your marriage! Sounds like you had a great honeymoon. Love your dresser and the DOF and angle of your photo.
Congrats! How exciting to begin this new time in your life! I guess you could use the dresser as an island until it is moved? :)
Neat shot...have fun putting your house together!
Post a Comment