Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stuff

Thanks for all the comments on yesterday's post. Honestly, the exposure wasn't terribly hard (it might actually just have been a lucky shot)...it was taken at 1/160, f/2.8 @1600ISO. It was actually one of the first shots I took--then I started fiddling with settings and they didn't turnout so well. It also helped that the room was very dark (so I didn't really have to worry about background stuff--it would all be black!) and the light is very bright. (For those who worry about stumbling upon a creepy thing like that in the wee hours of the morn? It actually gives off just enough light so I can see, without me having to turn on a light.)

Now on to some more pics. These were all taken last week, I've just been slow to post.
First, what is it? (Leave a comment with your guess, I'll post the whole photo tomorrow.)


Second, a fall rose bud. (My rose bushes are FULL of blooms--more than I had all summer!)


Finally, a lovely fall pic at the end of my street. (I cheated a bit an upped the saturation because I really wanted to see the colors and these weren't quite at peak yet.)



Thanks for all who check in daily, and for all who leave comments. :)

10 comments:

Chell said...

My guess on the 1st is a mushroom of some sort.

Love your rose. Great color in the saturation..

Anonymous said...

I think the first one is a mushroom too. Great shots!
Cari

Jess said...

What a beautiful rose, and I am loving that fall foliage behind that fence! I guess the first one is the top of a mushroom. :)

Angela2932 said...

I love the fall colors along the fence! I don't know what the mystery thing could be other than a mushroom. . .

Michelle said...

I was going to guess mushroom too-lol! I love all that fall color in the last pic. Definitely worth the saturation adjustment.

Becky said...

Pretty! I think the first one is a mushroom. I have roses blooming too. They're the only plants I haven't killed in all the time I've lived in my house.

Anonymous said...

I love the texture on that mushroom thingy! At least, I think it is a mushroom.

The roses have been bizarre this year up here too! I actually just saw a whole bush in bloom here in MAINE this weekend. Not sure what its thinking!

Margaret said...

I don't know what that first shot is. Can't wait to find out. Love the beautiful pink rose!

Tori said...

these are great! I have no clue what the first one could be....

Bobbi said...

I am so bad at the what is it;s? I will go with the others on the mushroom. That flower is just so pretty.