I am an alumna of the University of Delaware, as are Vice President and Mrs. Biden. I thought it fitting that my POTD today feature YouDee, our Fightin' Blue Hen mascot, showing his patriotism. (I'm also a former marching band member and friends with the director, Heidi Sarver. The UDMB marched in today's Inaugural Parade--and I couldn't be more proud of Sarv and the "kids" and how they represented my Alma Mater on such a national stage. GO HENS!)
And to our new President, I wish you much luck. May you have the courage, wisdom, strength, and patience to lead our great nation to a better tomorrow!
13 comments:
That is so cool that you got to watch it with you students. I was really happy that my 7th grader got to watch it! Sounds like a great day for you!
Cari
LOL Love the pic.
Great post and great pic...tfs1
My littles watched it in school as well, it'll be a great memory for everyone.
That will be a great memory. Nice shot too.
What a great moment to watch with your class. Cute picture
My preschoolers got to hear it on the radio, love the picture
What a cool photo--he looks like I felt during Inauguration Day. :-D I have a 7th grader who got to watch it at school too. Of course she's a TiVo lover like I am and asked me to TiVo it too, which I did!
He definitely needs luck and prayers as this is not an easy time to take the office. He sure appears calm though. It's great you watched it with your students too, teaching them early what it means to be a patriot.
Thanks for sharing. . . I'm glad your students got to watch. Some teachers actually resisted it because they weren't pleased that a Democrat won!
What a fun picture.
Definitely a learning experience for your 7th graders. Love your picture!
That is so cool you went to the same school as the vice-president! And I got to learn something new! Thank you
Post a Comment