Monday, January 19, 2009

Technology

This week's theme is technology. While I'm SURROUNDED by technology, I was trying to think of something a little less obvious. Since it's been so.stinking.cold. here lately, I thought perhaps the thermostat on my VUE's rearview mirrow would be appropriate. It amazes me that it knows which direction my car is facing and that there is the potential for ice. All in this one little block that I didn't think I'd like at first, but sorely miss in cars that don't have it!


And just for fun, the decorative flag I have out front. I am so ready to be on a beach right about now, yet I love the snow. We actually got a little today, maybe about a 1/2"? If you click to enlarge the photo, you'll see little white streaks on the blue and up on the house siding....that's snowflakes!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job thinking outside of the box! Great shot too. I love your little snowman...and thanks for supporting our troops. My brother in law has been in Iraq since Christmas of 07. He is scheduled to come home next month!!
Cari

Susan said...

I love the first one-very clever.

Anonymous said...

How cool! TFS

Reds said...

Cute flag!! I'd take the beach over the snow!! ;) Love your technology shot!

Sharon said...

I love my info in my car too. Cute flag!

Kelly said...

Very clever idea. I've been struggling with ideas all weekend too. Nice capture

Chell said...

Oh that is a great take on technology.

Meaghan said...

I love all the little things our cars can do! Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the first one! I wish my car was cool like that! LOL

Anonymous said...

that is when you turn the other way!!

Lauren Hartman said...

My old car had a thermostat and directional thing on it too (it also warned when ice was possible). I missed it for quite a while after I got the car I have now...

Liz said...

I too am so ready for a beach, and a little umbrella drink. I however do not love the snow. :)
I love that you thought outside the box for these shots.

Linnao said...

That IS some amazing technology, I don't have that!! Great picture!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I would have never thought of that. I love your blog's modern feel.

Becky said...

I like your take on the theme. I want my next car to have one of those--I'm behind the times vehicularly. (I made up that word :-D)

Joanne Fowler said...

Oooh, I'd love that technology! How fun! And yes, I'd lvoe to be at the beach too!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Great idea! I LOVE the compass/thermometer on my mirror! It's the only way I have any sense of direction ;).