Saturday, January 10, 2009

We're ready!

We're supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow. A whopping 1-3" in our area....it'll be the biggest snowfall so far this season (but I live in New Jersey--3" should not be enough to cause everyone to run to the grocery store!) I did not go out and buy this specifically, but I did get a giggle knowing I had the Snow Storm Basics already at home: milk, eggs, and bread. It's what you are expected to have in your cart at the store right before a storm; I heard someone once call it French Toast Shopping (because it's all the ingredients to make French Toast)!


On a side note, I was supposed to be at a conference this weekend, but it was canceled due to the impending inclement weather. So now I've got an extra day and a half to get other things done! Yippee!

12 comments:

CindyTykie said...

Never heard it called
french toast shopping" before but it's a perfect name for it. I hope the storm isn't too bad, enjoy your extra time off

Anonymous said...

I like pics of everyday things, you don't see them often. Nice and bright!

Michelle said...

I love french toast! Haha!

Suzy said...

Now I'll be calling it "french toast shopping" to! Nice way of remembering the basics.

Reds said...

You are ready for the snow now! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

Well we are getting 8 inches today...haha, but I bet the grocery store will be PACKED this morning when I go. Love the picture.

pat said...

French Toast Shopping--I LOVE it!! Hope your storm turns out to be minor.

Anonymous said...

YUM french toast sounds good! good thing you are prepared! tara

Anonymous said...

That is great! You are ready for the snow!
cari

Michelle said...

Never heard that term-so funny!

Becca said...

Too funny! People do the milk, egg, bread thing around here, too. Yep, french toast! lol!

Mary said...

Yum! My favorite way to start the day!