Sunday, February 15, 2009

A little bling

I absolutely love my engagement ring. I gave DH an idea of what I wanted and he far exceeded anything I could have imagined. I've been wearing it for just over two years now, and I still get giddy when I see it make little rainbows or sparkles on something (my cousin used to tell her kids that was Tinkerbell). This morning, there was gorgeous light shining in my kitchen windows, onto the gorgeous roses he gave me for Valentine's Day. I decided I'd try my hand at some shots of the gorgeous ring--a trifecta!

This shot is photoshopped, but only to darken it a bit and burn the edges. It still doesn't do the ring justice--I'm not sure I'll ever capture all of its sparkly goodness, but this shot comes as close as I've gotten.


17 comments:

Becky said...

That IS sparkly goodness and beautiful light! I really like the way you set up the shot.

Cathi Green said...

Beautiful!

Jodie said...

great shot!

Lauren Hartman said...

This is lovely, and how sweet of your husband to give you flowers!

Suzy said...

Well it sure looks sparkly and beautiful to me! I love your ring and I love how you still love it so much to! Great shot!

Malisa said...

That's a keeper! The lighting is great!

Jason said...

Very cool shot and idea!

Anonymous said...

Well I love it too...you can really tell how perfect it is from the photo. You are one lucky lady.

Nicki said...

Wonderful composition - beautiful ring.

Reds said...

Beautiful ring - great capture!

CRS said...

Great shot, Susie!
I also call the glimmer Tinkerbell!

S.Kremer said...

WOW! Stunning ring! Love the look of it against the red rose:)
~Shawna (shawkrem)

Mom2Drew said...

Wow...gorgeous ring and flower!

Amy said...

That is a beautiful ring, I can tell it makes lots of pretty sparkles! This is such a pretty shot! :)

Bobbi said...

That is a gorgeous ring and beautiful flower-lucky lady!

Angela2932 said...

Ring framed by a rose, what could be better?

Amy B. said...

Nice. I love the bling with the soft rose petals.