Saturday, February 14, 2009

My funny Valentine

Awww, our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. DH brought me roses yesterday after work, along with 5 cloves of garlic. I laughed for about 5 minutes, and giggled for at least another 15. It's soooo him. He bought the roses at a local produce place, and knew I needed garlic for something I planned to make this weekend, so grabbed some while he was there. The cashier and the man in line behind him also thought it was funny!



Here's the front of the card I got him. Sappy, but true. He was a little offended that I actually BOUGHT a card (since I make all my other ones), but I told him he was special! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first married Valetine's Day. Great photos. TFS!

janett said...

That is so funny!

Nicki said...

So sweet! (and fragrant! lol) Congrats on 1st Valentine's Day.

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, that's cute about the card. I'll have to use that line with my DH and see if it works:)

Jason said...

Hey congrats!

Suzy said...

You know your married when the garlic comes home with the roses lol! How cute is he?! Happy Valentines day to you both.. Your first one as a married couple should be something extra special!

Jodie said...

Great story. I'm sure you both won't forget that one for a while!

Linnao said...

That IS funny, roses with garlic! Love your card, very true!

Reds said...

What a sweet man - flowers and garlic!! LOL - too cute!!

Angela2932 said...

Ohhhh, beautiful card! I'm going to have to write that quote down and remember it for my own creations! I love the garlic/roses combination! Congrats on your first, and I hope he makes that combo a life-long tradition!

Shauna said...

Aw congrats, great captures!

Amy said...

Congrats on your first married Valentine's! What a sweet hubby to not only bring you flowers, but also the garlic you need. :)

Anonymous said...

I think its pretty funny that BECAUSE of DH aka Chris you must dream bigger....cause you know what they say about those skinny guys..maybe thats why your into cooking so you can make him fatter so everyone doesn't think those old tales about those skinny guys apply to him.