Monday, July 13, 2009

More catching up....

You might have noticed a new design. I found this template specifically designed for pictures--to post them large, without all the other stuff typically found on blogs--and I've been using it for a while on my food blog. I figured it was time to make the change here. I LOVE the big pics!!! (And I can make them bigger...but haven't yet!) Still getting used to the pink color scheme...that might change. Let me know what you think!

So here's some more pics of the 400 or so I processed from this spring...

Another of the few successful plants in the "3-Season Cutting Garden" I attempted on the side of my house. I just love lilies!

The azalea bushes in the yard are just stunning in their prime. I can never seem to get a good picture of them, though. I thought this one was neat because you can see the stamen & pistol clearly (ha! My science teachers should be proud I remember!!! Wanna know which is which??? The pistol is the tube thing in the middle (on this flower it's pointing up) and the stamen are the ones with the dots on the ends that hold the pollen. I'll take my A now.)

After a shaky start, the rose bushes are BEAUTIFUL!!! Here was the first bloom of the season. (and it really is that deep of a red)

I spoke in my last post about the irises along the fenceline. Here they are! So pretty, it's a shame it only lasts a few days!

Dandelions are good for one thing: puffball pictures!

I am not a fan of peonies. There's one bush in my yard, however, that I'm drawn to take pics of each year. This one is among my favorite shots of that plant.

Another of the rosebuds. (Notice the little buggy things at the base? Not sure what they are, they're ALL OVER the buds just before they bloom, and they don't seem to do any harm...so we leave them.)

2 comments:

Suzy said...

These are beautiful!! I love them all and what great detail you've captured!

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness - these are just beautiful!!!!