Thursday, July 23, 2009

San Diego Zoo

Finally sorted through the nearly 200 pictures I took at the San Diego Zoo at the beginning of the month. Now, I'm not particularly a fan of zoos, only because you never get to see what you really want to see, and photography wise, there's always a fence or bar or glass in the way of awesome photos (although don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for that separate between animals and people!!!) I went to the zoo with a good friend who doesn't like seeing animals caged. Yet despite our "eh" towards zoos, we had an AWESOME time!

You'll see I have a thing for flamingos. I think we stood there for a good 5 minutes when we first walked in, and probably another 1/2 hour just before we left!!! The koala made me happy--he looks so snuggly! I won't comment on every picture, since there's a lot....enjoy!












(This is a statue in the elephant exhibit--the have representations from all different eras. This thing scared the bejezees out of us....I can only imagine being a little kid and seeing him at eye-level!)

12 comments:

janett said...

These are great! I love flamingos too!

pat said...

I love the flamingos at the San Diego Zoo--the sheer mass of them is so awesome. I really love the koala; he is blissed out!

Esther said...

I love your flamino's! And that koala is too fuzzy and cute!

Angela2932 said...

You got some fantastic shots, and as far as zoos go, this is one beautiful zoo!

Anonymous said...

That koala is so cute! And that scary cat would freak me out, too!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

We love getting to go to the zoo. Nice shots.

Mom2Drew said...

I alway like seeing animal shots, just showing scale and variety!

Nicki said...

Great shots - can only imagine what you would have done if you were 'into' zoos!

Stephanie said...

Great shots! Love the flamingos and koala!

Suzy said...

These are fantastic! I just love LOVE the one of that lion! Awesome!

Amy said...

You got some great shots, I especially love how you captured the lion and koala! :)

Karen said...

I have to ask - do you post process all of your shots?