(My apologies to IBM for the loose steal of their slogan in my header!)
My friends from 2P's might remember my lament before I went to San Diego at the beginning of the month...do I take my external flash or not? I was convinced by some wise ladies to leave it home and I'm glad I did. Fortunately, I shoot with a Rebel XT, which has an on-board flash (unlike some of the higher-end Pro cameras Canon produces), and I did choose to use it a few times. The few times I wanted the flash, however, SO would NOT have been worth schlepping it through the airport and all over SoCal with me!!!
These were taken at the San Diego zoo, late afternoon, in BRIGHT sun. (Ok, we were under a slight canopy, but it was still pretty bright out. I know they're not perfect, but I thought it was a fantastic illustration of what a little fill-flash can do to bring out the details in a shot. (And honestly, it was a snapshot....I wanted to get out of the way of a woman whose kids were waiting very patiently to get their pictures taken with this monkey!!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment