Our wedding cake was from Termini's, which is legendary in the Philadelphia area. Fortunately, they opened another shop a few towns over, so I didn't have to trek all the way to the city. I didn't get anything too fancy, just plain white icing, no writing. I did get chocolate chip pound cake, though, one of the flavors of our wedding cake (by Chris' choice). I cut up half the cake (slices, individually wrapped for easy snacking!) and froze the other half because you can't possibly eat that much cake, and it's just not right to waste Termini's!
I even pulled out our toasting flutes and the good cake knife from the wedding. Hey, you should use the good stuff at least once a year, right??? It was a sweet night, and we even got icing on each other's faces, although not quite as messy as at the wedding!



Chris' brother and sister-in-law have their anniversary 2 weeks after us, so his parents thought it would be a hoot to get us a joint cake....shaped like an M&M (you'll remember M&M's were a theme at our wedding because of our monogram). Of course the neices and nephews LOVED the feet (pure icing), but the cake was good too. It was another fun night of celebrating and hanging out with family!

13 comments:
Happy Anniversary! And those cakes look delicious!
Happy Anniversary!
Cake sounds good. I have been making cookies because they are easy to give away. Cake, not so much. ;)
I am salivating!! Happy Anniversary!!
Oh my your anniversary cake photos made my mouth water and I'm usually not that big on cake! Happy anniversary to you both! I'm glad you got a cake and celebrated together like that. I think it's a great idea rather than saving and trying to eat the top of your original one. Nice captures and Mr M & M is cute to!
What a fun idea! Chocolate chip pound cake sounds decadently delicious!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a great one, a week in Jamaica AND cake too! Yum!
I <3 m+m's!! my fave!
Happy anniversary. What a great way to celebrate and the cake looks delish! Even the m and m one!
Now I want cake... Happy anniversary and the cakes look delish!
LOVE the M&M cake - and your anniversary cake looked yummy and beautiful. I like the idea of fluted milk - we did juice :) Great captures.
Oh yea - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Very cool! I love the milk shots!
Happy anniversary and the cakes look yummy!
Post a Comment