Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hmmm, I wonder if that's the problem.

I had this post all ready last night and then my computer was being cranky. So it really is from Wednesday 1/9, but, well...

Here's my focus in the coming weeks....finishing the redo of my living room! It's half done, all pretty so I'd get good Christmas pictures. The other half still looks like this--with wallpaper left to remove, rough spots and holes in the walls to spackle & sand, and then pretty paint. We've been doing it bits at a time, but now I want it DONE. Hopefully this weekend, I can get most of my part accomplished so sweetie can finish up. :)

Interestingly, the recent aperature assignment on 2Ps made something click tonight. I had a less than great pic (#1 below)--not really blurry, but not really sharp--and when I looked at the EXIF data, realized I had a wide open aperature setting. So I grabbed my camera back out of the bag and took another pic with a higher aperature. And I think it fixed it. (Please don't misinterpret that to mean this is a great pic--it still needs work!) BUT...I wonder if that's why I've hated my 50 mm....was I using the wrong f-stop for the results I wanted??? I have the mindset of if it's there, I should use it (often!). So just because my lens CAN go to 1.8, doesn't mean I SHOULD go to 1.8..or 2.8...or 5.0. There are other things I'm still not fond of regarding my 50mm, but I think this might be a breakthrough. We'll see once the weather gets nicer and I can really get out and play!

Tech info: Rebel XT, 50mm, 1/125, f/2.2, 100 ISO, diffused flash.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 50mm, 1/125, f/7.1, 100 ISO, diffused flash.

4 comments:

Val said...

Good luck on the reno!

Anonymous said...

I hate renovating. Good luck to you finishing

Becky said...

It's great that so many people are learning new things just from taking everyday photos in this POTD challenge. Good luck with your renovations.

sec510 said...

Again, an all too familiar site...unfinished projects! Here's hoping we can both our projects soon! (Although, I think GH3 is going to prolong ours *sigh*)