Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Resolutions

This blog was started as a resolution--to become a better photographer. I usually make other resolutions, although the resolve doesn't always follow. I make resolutions at random points during the year, rather than in January. One consistent theme is to get to the gym more. Not because I need to lose weight (although I wouldn't be upset if that was to happen as a result), but because I know it's good for me. But, ya see, there are only so many hours in a day, and today, I had to live vicariously through my pictures. These are brand new sneakers I bought in November that just saw daylight today. Sigh. There's always tomorrow! ;)

Tech info: Rebel XT, 50mm, 1/125, f/1.8, 100 ISO, flash.

Tech info: Rebel XT, 50mm, 1/125, f/1.8, 100 ISO, flash.


And as a special treat, here's an assignment on aperature I did for a class on 2Ps. So much fun! The little snail in front is from a trip to Germany a few years ago and my famous duckie makes another cameo. I took these on my kitchen table (you can even see my toothbrush holder that hasn't been put back in its place after a weekend trip! Talk about sharp! Guess that means I have to clean my table off! lol) Full manual, ISO 100, 1/125, diffused flash, aperature on each pic. CC welcome! (And I even got to make a storyboard with them!!!)


(If you click the pic, it will take you to a super-sized version, where you can really see the differences!)

Thanks again for all the comments. I read them all and I really do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

These all have great DOF!
Cari

Margaret said...

Love those shots! You caught some great texture on the soles of your shoes. I love the storyboard also. Nice DOF.

C said...

great aperture pictures!

me said...

Nice shoes!!!
You did great with your assignment and I like that you made a story board

Anonymous said...

Great DOF> I love how you showed the differences.

Angela2932 said...

I especially like your 2nd "shoe" photo. It has this "slice of life" feel about it.

Mom2Drew said...

I like your aperture examples, and especially that little critter from Germany. Oh, and I need to dust my tennies off...thanks for the reminder.

Sharon said...

And will you take another pic when the soles are all worn out? Good luck!!

Becky said...

I really like the second one of your shoes.

Liz said...

I really like the second sneaker photo, funny showing the bottom of the unused sneak!
Your DOF pictures are wonderful. I really liked the idea of having three things set up so you have something really close, in the middle and far out so that you can really see what the aperture is doing.

Val said...

Great snealer shot. your little snail is so cute!

Ashley Hiskes said...

Great shoe pics!

Tomboymama said...

These are great. At least you have made progress and the shoes are out! :-). Love your little aperature storyboard. That is one cute snail. Great job making the assignment interesting.

April Michelle said...

i'm with you on the gym thing, my boyfriend has me in there every morning at 5, hope you stick with it.

your dof on the assignment photos are great!

Unknown said...

I-WANT-THAT-SNAIL!!!!

These are all great! Love em!

Farrah Jobling said...

I love the snail! SO cute...anyways...great job on the DOF with the assignment!

sec510 said...

Funny, I have pair of sneaks that seem just as neglected. lol Nice crisp shots, too. You're doing great!