A new week brings a new theme to the 2Ps POTD: Focus Into 2008. I'm getting married in August, so my focus is quickly turning to everything wedding related. Here's my playing with aperature while working on another challenge for 2Ps. (This was taken with my 50mm, can you believe it??? I might just learn to like this lens yet.) This lens is a bit more fickle than the 85mm on focusing, but with a bit of practice, the focus ended up on her face, where I wanted it! (Yes, it did what I wanted it to do!!!)
Tech info: Rebel XT, 50mm, 1/125, f/1.8, 100 ISO, diffused flash.You know, I'm starting to really love photography again. I've always enjoyed it, but I was frustrated by my 50 and kinda put it down for a while. I've shot more--and better--in the past week than I have in a year. (Of course sweetie asking me every night what I took a pic of is helping because I hate saying "nothing!")
24 comments:
It is so great that you are liking photography again...I had the same problem as you only with the 85mm. I hated that thing and now I love it! I also just got the 24-70mm and am IN LOVE with that lens! Keep up the good work!
Cari
Aww...CONGRATS!!! Both on your upcoming wedding and jumping back into photography! I learned SLR photography on my 50mm lens and was quite frustrated in the beginning. Now I LOVE it! Maybe keep it at 5.6 for a while until you feel comfortable, then slowly open it up... Looks like you're really getting it though!
Great job on getting the focus! That's half the battle! And CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding, how exciting! :c)
Glad you're enjoying photography again! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Love that photo!
Sometimes we need a little push in life to get things moving! Congrats on the wedding :)
Awesome photo! Love the angle you shot this at.
good job!
Glad to see that the 50 is behaving a little better for you. It's great to get the cooperation you're looking for, isn't it?
I tried being a "real" photographer once...on a trip to the Poconos with sweetie while we were dating. Took some nice shots. Was actually really into it. I honestly had no real idea of what I was doing, but it was fun to play with a "real" camera for a while, rather than a point and shoot. I'll have to share some of those pics with you sometime. You may just be as impressed as I was! lol
Anyway, great pic...can't wait for the big day!
congrats and your focus looks great
That's great that you are finding inspiration through this challenge. I love your banner!
congratulations. I loved planning my wedding, sooooo much fun. Great picture.
love the DOF on this one. and congrats on the upcoming wedding! how exciting. sounds like you've got a great sweetie since he's supporting your photography.
Congrats! Nice DOF.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Sure you'll be very busy with planning the details. Nice focus and dof here - keep it up!
that's definately goign to be a fun focus!
Gongrats and best of luck in your marriage! Love to see someone getting back on the horse... photography is a constant battle for me.... you'll have lots of support here!
Cool shot! Great composition. Congrats on the upcoming wedding.
aw congrats! And FUN!!!!
What fun. Congratulations and enjoy. Photo is great. Nice DOF. It took me a bit of time to get used to my 24-70, and now it hardly ever leaves my camera.
What a great shot!! Isn't it nice to get your camera to do what you want it to... and not after several shots! I have the same feeling that you have.. this challenge has helped me already, and I start to enjoy taking pictures again!!
I used to LOVE looking through the Bridal magazines, eventhough I knew I would never be able to afford any of it:) I do like how your focus is on her face for the most part and of course...congrats on your upcoming wedding! Who do you have doing your photos? I'm just curious if they have a website, I love browsing others.
It's great your liking your camera again. I think you'll find plenty of wedding related things to photograph. I wish I had documented my planning more than I did.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I am not liking my 50-mm at the moment either, but I am sure it is all operator problems. Great focus, I love your idea.
Congrats on you up coming wedding. I am glad the focus on her face worked out for you.
Post a Comment