It's been a while since I've blogged. I refuse to get let myself get stressed out over this, so when the rest of my life got hectic, I let this go. I have a few days off for the holiday this weekend, so I'm hoping to get some good shots of whatever I can!
Here's a close up of some carnations I picked up after work today. (Leftover from St. Patrick's Day, but pretty-smelling flowers are always welcome in my house!) The "posing" I had for them in the vase didn't make for good composition, so I cropped it. A lot.
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/160, f/2.8, 800ISO. Noiseware.
This next one may be one of my favorites in recent weeks. I call it Jellybean Martini. I had a hankering for jellybeans a week or so ago and bought a bag. Came home and had no place to put them....so I pulled out this martini glass I never use (a friend gave it to me as a housewarming gift, my kitchen is green). I think it's so cute! So as I'm shooting the carnations (above) with my single green wall in my small kitchen as the background, I see that my back door lets in fabulous light....almost halo-ish (which is what you see at the top of the pic). I couldn't crop this one at all--I tried and I didn't like it. This one was unexpected magic! :)
Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/160, f/2.8, 800ISO.


17 comments:
Great shots...glad to see you back!
Cari
That is a very unique shot of the first one.. .tfs.
I have been MIA for a few weeks too. Welcome back. A jellybean martini sounds pretty good to me..
great shots..i love the 2nd one. welcome back!
Great shots, I love the last one!!! Nice to see you are back... I still think the watch post you did is one of my favs.
Great shots! very creative, I really like the 2nd one.
Great shots! very creative, I really like the 2nd one.
Very fun creative shot with the jellybeans!
Pretty. That second one is just so prefectly simple, I love it.
I love these. That jellybean shot is so fabulous. Amazing! Love the way you cropped the carnations, too.
I think you have the perfect philosophy about POTD--it's supposed to be fun, not stressful! Love the jellybean shot. I have a martini glass candle, maybe that will be my green photo for today.
I just love the green in your last shot. The little bit on the rim and bottom is perfect! And...I love jelly beans! Yumm.
the 2nd one is so so coOL!
tara
I do the same thing when my life gets busy. I'm just now back to the POTD today to! Great shot!
glad your back. Nice jellybean martini.
Love how the carnation shot turned out. Very beautiful!
Both are really cool.
Post a Comment