Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring!!!!

FINALLY, we're seeing the beauty of Spring. I'm so excited. I just ordered a 100mm macro lens for a 2-week rental, so things should be bursting with color just about the time it arrives. I must say though, using 100ISO I was impressed with how close I could shoot and crop and still get good results. (See purple flowers below.) I also tried manual focusing for the first time since my film days--fun fun fun! (See yellow flowers below.)

Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/400, f/1.8, 100ISO. PS screen @ 40%.


Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/1250, f/2.8, 100ISO.



Tech info: Rebel XT, 85mm, 1/800, f/4.0, 100ISO. Manual focus.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING that first shot...the colors are amazing!!
Cari

Trina said...

Beautiful!! I can't wait to see your photos over the next few weeks with the macro lens!

Jason said...

Great colors and detail! TFS!

Sharon said...

Very nice!

Debbi said...

What beautiful signs of spring!

Becky said...

The first one is my favorite! Great detail. Love those curly things growing in your yard in the post below too.

Amy said...

Very pretty. I love that first one, especially!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL shots!
tara