Friday, August 22, 2008

Ew!

I normally keep my kitchen floor pretty clean--sweep , wet mop, etc. several times a week. Apparently, not. This is what pure ammonia and a toothbrush can do!


The left is the "before" and the right is the "after." I'm almost embarrassed to post that! The line in the middle (this week's theme) is just my way of keeping the task manageable--so I know (clearly!) what still needs to be scrubbed.

10 comments:

Reds said...

You are so brave to put that up!! LOl!!! I wouldn't show anybody my kitchen floor right now... Ewwwww!! :) You are right on theme!! :)

Yvonne said...

Actually I prefer the dirty floor!! Just for the picture though!! Great catch and lovely lines!!

Becky said...

I think I'd just not clean and say it was the design. :-D

Shawna said...

Haha love your take on the theme! Hmmm maybe I should try the ammonia and toothbrush thing!

Mom2Drew said...

Whoa...that's pretty drastic! I like the way the before looks like a design, but I'm sure you like the after.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I seriously didn't even know that was the same floor! I don't think I could post a picture of mine!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Hummm I guess that's coaxing me to clean my floor a little more. I'm sure I could post something really similar.

Amy said...

Oh wow, that is quite a difference! Great way to be on theme! :)

Jess said...

Wow, I would have thought all those lines were just part of the tile's texture!

Sharon said...

Interesting. You lose all the cool detail with the dirt gone. ;)