Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Love that Paula Deen

I received a Paula Deen cookbook as a shower gift. I'm a big Paula Deen fan, however, this cookbook has sent me over the edge. I have not made a single thing that wasn't absolutely scrumptous. And as hubby put it, "trust Paula." Profound words from a man who was shoveling food so fast I'm amazed he had time to grunt, let alone speak! Anyway, this is Chicken in Wine Sauce, and it was de-lish! It involved chicken (you don't say...), swiss cheese (ew!), cream of mushroom soup (although Paula suggested cream of chicken), white wine (mmmm!), and crumbled up stuffing mix. Oh and some butter. :)




"Ok, sme, enough with the food entries" you say. Personally, I think my food photography skills are lacking, so I'll just have to keep practicing! I'm so excited that it's nice enough to be able to heat up the stove without roasting myself in the kitchen, AND I still have time to cook (that'll end next week when school starts again!)

On a side note, my wedding photographer called today. I pick up my proofs tomorrow. :)

12 comments:

Becky said...

Some butter? I thought all her recipes called for about four pounds of butter. ;-D
I bet you're excited to see those wedding photos--have fun!

Diana said...

MMMMMM your food looks very very yummy makes me want to go and cook right now! and about the ammonia and tooth brush i think i like the before side it gave it a lot of texture

Emily Weaver Brown said...

I love Paula too - nothing light about her cooking. And I love the way she says "oil" cracks me up every time.

Ginnie said...

So that's what a home cooked meal is suppose to look like ;). ummm, could you send some of that my way :)

Amy said...

I bet my dh and dd would LOVE that dish! I bet you can't wait to see your wedding photos!

Amy said...

I bet my dh and dd would LOVE that dish! I bet you can't wait to see your wedding photos!

Reds said...

Oh my that looks too good!!! :)

Jess said...

This looks AMAZINGLY GOOD! Can I come over for dinner tonight? We had grilled cheese & tomato soup last night.. I was too lazy to REALLY cook. :)

Margaret said...

YUM!!!! I want to come to your house for dinner. Love your shots!

Angela2932 said...

Yummmm! And what a great way to justify photography equipment to a husband! More food!!!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

All her food looks so yummy. This pic looks great.

CRS said...

Your food photography looks GREAT. Mine looks like crap.