Monday, May 11, 2009

Awwww

I saw the nest outside my back door go from this...















to this...


















How exciting! Momma Robin has gotten used to us and, while she's still a little skittish, maybe only flies away about 1/2 the time now. (This nest is literally outside my back door....in the right heels, I could touch the nest.) My neighbors all think I'm nuts, but now I think the wildlife think I'm nuts too....standing on the back steps holding branches out of the way and blindly firing to get the eggs....standing on my tippy-toes with focus lock held, waiting for the lil guy to pop his head up. He made me happy today. :)

The theme this week is flowers....and boy do I have flowers to post. I've been shooting, just not posting. I'm at the point where I'm not even going to try to catch up! :)

10 comments:

Becky said...

Very cool. I haven't found a nest in my yard since I got my SLR three years ago, and I've been looking!

Cathi Green said...

Oh how cool! Those eggs were such an amazing blue.

Nicki said...

Very persistent of you to capture the nest with the eggs and eventually the chick. Great shots!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh wow-amazing!

Mandy said...

Oh my word! That is just AMAZING. First...the blue eggs are such a treat, and then to see those little ones...sigh. Amazing.

Jess said...

How amazing.. what a little miracle!

Margaret said...

That is so amazing! Love that cute little bird poking its head up!

Bobbi said...

Aww so cute, love that you got both stages.

shirley said...

Amazing. Our nest was abandoned :-(, so I'm glad to see a little wee one peaking out of yours!

Suzy said...

How cool! The eggs were such a pretty blue! Nice shots!